Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why should I use a Buyers Agent when I could do it all myself?
A Buyers Agent is no different from any other professional representing you; you will save time and money. By using a Buyers Agent, you will be getting expert guidance which will help you to buy the best available property, at the best possible price, in the shortest amount of time.
What’s more, you will have the benefit of our extensive research and analysis into past sales and comparable market data. You will also gain access to properties not yet advertised, otherwise known as ‘silent listings’, and you will be protected from paying too much. In fact, the savings you enjoy on selling price negotiated for you will likely far exceed the fee.
Our testimonials prove the many ways we can add value to our many clients. Most of the increasing investor client base grows directly from glowing referrals given by clients who have been impressed with the value and service we provide.
In summary, here is what having a buyers agent can mean to the success of your home and property search:
- Save yourself money
- Save yourself from endless stress
- Leverage your time and find it faster
- We represent you
- Access more property with our industry contacts
- Maximise your returns
2. What is the difference between a Buyers Agent and a selling agent?
The key difference between a Buyers Agent and a traditional selling agent is who each represents. As a Buyers Agent we work exclusively for you the buyer, whereas the selling agent works for the vendor or seller. By law, an agent cannot act for (and accept a commission) from both parties in the transaction.
A Buyers Agent will search for your property and secure it for the absolute lowest price and a sellers agent will sell the property and achieve the absolute highest price. If you do not have a Buyers Agent representing you, the seller who has total representation will win the deal.
But we do have relationships with all the top selling agent, who know us as a source of serious, reliable buyers, and happily provide us access to their ‘off market’ properties, as well as those they’re actively marketing.
Estate agents know us as a source of reliable, committed buyers with assured budgets. We know all our clients requirements in great detail, and can be confident whether a property being marketed by a particular estate agent is likely to be of interest. We spend a lot of time liaising with many other industry professionals, so our market information can also be very useful to estate agents.
3. How can I know that I’m not paying too much for a property?
This is one of the most important reasons to engage a Buyers Agent. We conduct extensive due diligence for our clients on recent sales and have access to a comprehensive database of past sales. We inspect each property and discuss the positives and negatives of each shortlisted property. Using this information, together with our own expert opinion on the state of the market, provides you with the assurance you are not overpaying. In fact, our clients usually find they are buying at a price significantly below market and comparable values.
4. Isn’t using a Buyers Agent very expensive. How do I know I’m getting value for money when I engage your services?
It’s exactly the opposite, as a matter of fact. We typically save our clients far more than our fee in the transaction by negotiating well and securing the property at a price far lower than the buyer could likely have managed. The savings we negotiate over the sellers price through our understanding of the property market and our skilled negotiation techniques will likely cover far more than what our fees would be. Plus, we save you from a great amount of stress and frustrating weeks of hunting on your own. We offer a fixed fee service, which works to your advantage, as with the fixed fee structure, you pay the same regardless of the price of the property.
5. Do you have access to property before it comes on the open market?
Yes, because excellent personal relationships have been built up over the years with local real estate agents, combined with our reputation, properties are constantly brought to light prior to being advertised. Often we are approached by private vendors and real estate agents who have clients that are looking to sell quickly but have reasons for not putting their property officially on the market place. We find that purchasing off the market is one of the successful strategies in securing the right property.
6. Do you find properties for Property Investors as well as Home Buyers?
Yes, our goal for every client is to find just the right property, at the right price, in the shortest amount of time. You also have the advantage of a professional Buyers Agent, but also an active property investor. We assist every kind of buyer, such as:
- Locals seeking a family home, who don’t want to spend weekend after weekend searching for a home instead of spending the weekends where they really want to be – with their families
- Expats seeking an investment property, to take ample opportunity of the Australian dollar
- Expats planning to return to Sydney, but can’t do an adequate search being so far away
- Interstate/county people seeking an investment property, but who know nothing about the local market
- Locals seeking an investment property, who turn to us because we know the market so well, and can identify hotspots for our investors before they even become warm
- First home buyers, because buying a home should never be on the job training – so it makes sense to have a Buyers Agent walking you through the process and protecting you every step of the way
7. What is the maximum cost if you don’t find a property?
If we are unsuccessful in finding the property you want, there is no obligation to proceed with our service, no membership fees and no exit fees. So no cost to you at all.
8. What happens if I change my mind on an area or a type of property once I engage you?
Our service is designed to be flexible and we appreciate that in the course of working with us you may gain new insights to areas you may not have known about before, that is our job, and hence many buyers do actually change the suburb profile from one they initially commenced. That is normal for us and we are happy to oblige your wishes.
9. Are Buyers Agents fee tax deductible?
If you are purchasing a property for investment purposes, the cost of using a Buyers Agent is generally tax deductible, as it forms part of the acquisition or ‘cost base’. Please check with your accountant to see if the fee would be tax deductible in your case. Unfortunately, if you purchase the property to live in as your primary place of residence you cannot claim the fee as a tax deduction
10. Can you help with additional property related services?
Yes, we can help with the following additional services:
- Conveyancer / Solicitors
- Financial services
- Negotiation and/or auction attendance
- Granny flats
- Property management